Saturday, April 9, 2011

Vacation + Donation

So, I talked in this post about wanting to be mission-minded while my husband and I were on vacation...and we followed through exactly as I said...we took down 2 big boxes (you see 3 in the picture so I could show everything that was going) to a food bank in Florida on our day "off"...in other words, we had no plans for that day except to sit by the pool, but it ended up yucky weather so I took the opportunity to nap. :)  The food bank was awfully gracious and I wish I could've taken more...our donation compared to the leftovers stores give them was nothing...but I had to remind myself that something was more than nothing!  So here is what we took:



Anywho...to continue on with the day, we went to dinner at this family style restaurant at Disney.  Although it was expensive, we thought it was worth it, and very much enjoyed dinner.  At the end of the meal, I got the bill, gasped a small gasp, closed my mouth again and paid.  Our waitress processed everything but when she brought back my card she told me that the gentleman sitting next to us with his family wanted to take care of our meal.  I was in shock...this was not a cheap meal by any means and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why this man wanted to pay for our meal.  Did we look poor?  I don't think so...anyway, I will forever wonder what made him do that...when we asked why, the waitress just told us that the man said to tell us, "God loves you."  I was so surprised I forgot to tell the waitress to tell the man thank you, and he walked out with his family before we could say thank you ourselves.  I know he won't read this, but Sam, here is a belated thank you.  You made our night better than we could've imagined. 

Did this random act of kindness have anything to do with our donation that morning?  We'll never know, but God will, and we certainly won't forget it.  Thanks Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment