Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Publix 3/8

In a few short weeks my husband and I are going to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios.  I am stinkin' excited.  We decided while we're down there that we'd like to get involved in some type of mission work....just because we're on vacation doesn't mean we can't help other people.  And, we just thought it sounded like a neat idea to help out somewhere different than close to home.

So, since one of the things I enjoy doing is buying products at a great price and donating them, we've been researching food banks in Orlando that we can help donate to.  The beginning of my donation starts with most of the Prego in the picture. I will keep 2 or 3, but I still have lots of coupons that I bought on Ebay, and I'm trying to decide if I want to go back tomorrow and use them up before the sale ends.  I used 5 today on the 10 Prego...each was $1/2 and the Prego was BOGO.

Total before coupons & store sales: $35.08
Total after coupons & store sales: $11.37
Savings: 68%

(10) Prego @ $2.09/2, so $10.45 total
     -(5) $1/2 found on Ebay
Final Price: $5.45 for 10, or .55 cents each

Halls Cough Drops @ .84
     -.50/1, doubled to $1, found in All You magazine
Final Price: FREE + .16 overage!

Dannon Light-N-Fit 4-pack @ $2.79
     -.40/1, doubled to .80, found in 1/30/11 SS
Final Price: $1.99

Eggland's Best Organic Eggs @ $3.99
     -$1/1 found in 1/30/11 SS
Final Price: $2.99

(2) New York Bagel Chips @ 2/$2.69
     -(2) $1/1 found in 2/27/11 SS
Final Price: .69 for both, or .35 cents each!

 
Here's a few things I picked up at Target right before my Publix trip...any guesses on how much I spent?

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea, to donate where you'll be visiting! Wow!

    The new Wednesday Weekly Shopping will be up soon at Frugal Follies! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete