Friday, February 4, 2011

Publix Penny Day

Thursday was a big shopping day!  Target, Publix, Kroger & Rite-Aid!  I just picked up some free (after SCR) contact solution at RA, and a few free Reece's (yum!) at Target, took the last Mega trip to Kroger, and of course stopped by Publix.....my favorite place to go on Thursdays!

The penny item wasn't great...it was the salines, in case you didn't figure out which item was the Publix name brand in the picture....and we don't eat many of those anyway unless sickness hits.  So, I'm thinking they might go in the donation pile...trying to decide if we'd actually eat them or not...

The Alexia All-Natural fries I screwed up on...I thought they were 2/$6, but apparently that was something "boxed" which of course I saw in the ad when I tried to point it out the cashier. (I failed to read the box and size details earlier!)  Needless to say I dropped my argument, knowing instantly I was the one in the wrong.  But if I took them out of the transaction, I was short a few dollars and wouldn't have been able to use my Family Dollar $5/25...so since I did thankfully have a coupon for them which lowered them a bit...I went ahead and got them.  Plus, they are the only way I'll eat sweet potatoes!  So I consider them "healthy." :) No judging, please.

Total before coupons & store savings: $32.45
Total after coupons & store savings: $8.41
Savings: 74%

***Also used Family Dollar $5/25 purchase

Publix Saltines @ $1.27
     -Publix Mystery Penny Item in Thursday's AJC
Final Price: a penny!

Alexia Sweet Potato Fries @ $3.49
    -$1/1 Alexia product found HERE
Final Price: $2.49

(2) Philadelphia Cream Cheese @ $1.25 each, so $2.50 total (sale price-normally $1.87)
     -.50/1, doubled to $1, found HERE
     -.50/1 found HERE (competitor)
Final Price: .50 each, or $1 for both

Brillo Soap Pads @ $1.79
     -no coupons

Kashi GoLean Crunch @ $3.49
      -$1/1 Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal from Vocalpoint
      -$1/1 any Kashi cereal found in Target mailer (competitor)
Final Price: $1.49

(2) Knorr Sides @ .65 each, so $1.39 total (BOGO)
      -.50/2, doubled to $1, found in 1/30/11 RP
Final Price: .20 each, or .39 total

Kraft Cheese Chunk @ $2/4 (sale price-normally $2.99)
      -.75/1 found HERE (competitor)
Final Price: $1.25

Krusteaz Muffin Mix @ $1.30 (BOGO)
      -.50/1, doubled to $1, found in 12/5/10 SS
Final Price: .30 cents

Dayquil 2-count (found in travel section) @ $1.29
     -$1.50/1 Dayquil (included trial sizes for once!) found in 1/30/11 PG
Final Price: FREE + .21 overage!

(2) Pace Picante Salsa @ $1.40 each, so $2.79 total (BOGO)
    -.35/1, doubled to .70, found in 1/30/11 RP
Final Price: $1.05 each, or $2.09 for both

Minced Garlic @ $1.99
    -no coupon

Muir Glen Organic Tomato Sauce @ .89
     -.75/1 any MG tomato found HERE
Final Price: .14 cents

2 comments:

  1. Great trip Jessica! It's nice that your Publix will even take Family Dollar coupons! Please come link up at the Bluegrass Savers Weekly Shopping Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered my Publix accepts Family Dollar coupons- I was super excited! It makes driving those extra miles to Publix worth it!

    ReplyDelete