Thursday, December 2, 2010

Publix 12/2: Lots of Donations!

If you guys are regular readers, you know I am always harping on the fact that as couponers, we score free stuff all the time, and even if you're not going to use it yourself, there is someone out there who would be most grateful for it.  I didn't mean for a good chunk of this trip to be stuff that would be donated, but right now I have like 15 bags of rice sitting in my kitchen...and as much as I like rice, I don't need that much and it will go on sale again!  That same rice also gave me overage since it's on sale at Publix right now, so I ordered a few extra coupons and picked up lots of rice--in separate trips so I didn't clean out the shelves and look too crazy. :)  Anyhow, of the items in this picture, here is what will go in the donation bag:

-Idahoan instant potatoes (as much as I like a quick dinner, my stomach can't handle the instant...and I like fresh better...but it gave me overage, and it's better than starving!)
-2 boxes Ronzoni quick cook pasta
-2 bags (there are a ton in my kitchen, this is just from today) Mahatma rice
-Krusteaz cookie mix

Just to give you an idea, if I'd bought these 4 things at their full value, I would've paid $8.20.  But with coupons and BOGO sales, I payed a total of $4.90-(.80-1-1-1-1-.55)=.45 profit!  Publix paid me to take all these things home!

Total before coupons & store savings: $36.21
Total after coupons & store savings: $8.75
Savings: 76%

***Also used Rite-Aid $5/25 purchase


Publix Bleach (didn't make it into the picture...I knew something was missing!) @ $1.67
      -Publix mystery Penny Item coupon in today's AJC
Final Price: FREE!  (this will also be donated...but to my neighbor who has a toddler and goes through bleach like crazy....I never use it!)

5 lb bag red potatoes @ $1.99
      -no coupon

Dannon Light-N-Fit 4 pack @ $2.19
      -.50/1, doubled to $1, no longer printable
Final Price: $1.19

(2) Ronzoni Quick Cook Pasta @ .70 each, so $1.39 total
       -(2) .50/1, doubled to $1, found HERE
Final Price: FREE + .61 overage!

(2) Krusteaz Cookie Mixes @ $1.10 each, so $2.19 total
      -(2) .55/1 peelies found on boxes in store or blinkies found in store
Final Price: $1.09 for both, or .55 cents each

(3) Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls @ 10/$10, so $3 total
      -.50/1 found HERE
Final Price: FREE!

Publix Ground Beef @ $3.03
     -.50/1 Target printable, no longer available
Final Price: $2.53

4-Grain Omega-3 Eggs @ $2.49
     -no coupon
(I think my Publi has decided to quit carrying the Eggland's Best organic eggs...which of course I just ordered new coupons for since I buy them all the time!  ugh.....so sad)

Publix Greenwise Organic Honey @ $5.59 (honey is so expensive!)
     -no coupon

CoffeMate Liquid Creamer @ $1.25
     -$1.50/1 found HERE
Final Price: FREE + .25 overage!

(2) Mahatma Valencia Rice @ .89 each, so $1.78 total
      -(2) .50/1, doubled to $1, found in 10/24/10 RP ( I ordered extras)
Final Price: FREE + .22 overage!

Idahoan Instant Potatoes @ .63
      -.40/1, doubled to .80, found HERE
Final Price: FREE + .17 overage!

No comments:

Post a Comment