Friday, August 13, 2010

What's on the Menu?

So I know I mentioned I wanted to try out some new recipes because we've really cut back on eating out and spending so much money...and I am still working on that.  In fact, one of my new favorite blogs is about a crockpot.  Yep, that's what I said, a crockpot.  I'd used my crockpot a few times before, but when I found this blog, it changed my outlook on love...for my crockpot. :)

A Year of Slow Cooking is great.  For a whole year, Stephanie used her crockpot everyday..and to make this even more challenging...her family is gluten free, meaning they don't eat anything with wheat in it.....which is most everything.  My sister is also gluten intolerant so I'm trying to learn how to cook/bake without so much flour.  It's tough!  Anyway, I've already tried a few of Stephanie's recipes such as the Peanut Butter Cupcake, Homemade Granola, and Peanut Butter Brownies.  There are still alot I want to try.

Anyway, this post was really supposed to be more about what was on our menu this week, than our crockpots.  I got sidetracked.  Just love her site so much!  So here's what we had:

Monday: Homemade Chicken Florentine
Tuesday: Publix Frozen Pizza (.01 cent at Publix last week...talk about a cheap meal!) 
Wednesday: Homemade Chili (in the crockpot!) & cornbread
Thursday: Pancakes & Sausage
Friday: we'll go out tonight, since we've been so good eating at home all week...I'm thinking chinese....)
Saturday: Dinner with in-laws
Sunday: Dinner with my parents, siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles (spaghetti, salad, bread and lots of yummy DESSERTS!)

And all those lunches in between...can we say leftovers???  I'm not the biggest fan, but hey, it's cheap!

As a sidenote, my husband usually is the one that makes pancakes around here.  If there's one thing his momma taught her boys, it was how to make some good pancakes!  But, after a long and tiring first week of school, I told him to take a nap while I made dinner.  And here's how they turned out:
                                                  Look yummy????

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am a new reader from The Nutritionist Reviews. Please follow me back at: http://couponclippingnutritionist.blogspot.com/. Looking forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete