Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Aldi

Since I was near an Aldi this afternoon, I decided to stop by and see if I could find anything good.  And as you can see, it was a good trip!  I was so happy to see the .99 strawberries, first at Super H Mart, and now at Aldi!  Love it!  I also plan on making some pineapple pork chops later in the week and have been meaning to pick up some pineapples... 

It's hard to tell you my savings against a store like Kroger or Publix because Aldi's prices tend to be lower anyway....but I'm going to guestimate on my savings percentage, just to give you an idea that Aldi is a great place to shop for a few select items!

Total Spent: $8.70
Savings: 45%
(My estimate is that I would've spent about $15 for all of this at Publix, without coupons)

Self-Rising Flour @ $1.35
Baking Soda @ .45
(2) All-Natural Black Beans @ .55 each, so $1.10 total
(2) Kidney Beans @ .55 each, so $1.10 total
(2) Frozen Orange Concentrate @ $1.09 each, so $2.18 total
Chunk Pineapple @ .89
Taco Mix @ .39
Strawberries @ .99

1 comment:

  1. Aldi has some great prices on the staples that's for sure.

    I have a big grocery price comparison list between Aldi, Publix, Target and Walmart at the Aldi Spot, and I usually calculate a savings of $12 - $20 each week compared to the lowest at Publix or Target.

    ReplyDelete