Friday, June 24, 2011

CVS

I haven't been to a drugstore in ages...I really stocked up on toothpaste/toothbrushes, razors, etc last year at Rite Aid...but then they switched from the single check rebate system over to UP rewards...and it wasn't nearly as good of a deal for me since I didn't need stuff so often that I had to go every week.  I also never really did much CVSing for the same reason since the ECB's basically work the same way as UP's.

But, I knew Tom's deodorant was going to be on sale this week and there was a coupon in last week's paper, which is rare....and it's the only kind my husband will use because it doesn't have aluminum in it.  I also saw that the Colgate toothpaste/toothbrushes were generating ECB's too, as well as the Hershey's Bliss chocolate.  Well, I waited too late into the week because the toothbrushes and chocolate were gone...which was probably a good thing, actually.  But, I did get 2 deodorants and a toothpaste, which I'll add to the donation pile since I prefer Crest and have a ton of it.

I did this in 3 separate transactions so I could roll my ECB's effectively, and I had to go find another coupon before I could go back to the store to get the 2nd deodorant.
Merchandise Value: $14.55
Out of pocket: $4.35
ECB's Earned: $4
Savings: 70%


Transaction 1:
Tom's Deodorant @ $3.49 (normally $5.49)
    -$1/1 found in 6/19 SS
Final Price: $2.49+.21 tax=$2.70
Received $1 ECB

Transaction 2:
Tom's Deodorant @ $3.49
    -$1/1
    -$2 ECB's (1 from 1st transaction and 1 from green bag tag)
Final Price: .49+.17 tax=.66
Received $1 ECB

Transaction 3:
Colgate Toothpaste @ $2.79
     -$1/1 found in May All You magazine
     -$1 ECB (from previous transaction)
Final Price: .79+.20 tax=.99
Received $2 ECB's

No comments:

Post a Comment