Thursday, April 14, 2011

Relay for Life

 I have a request for all my blogging friends out there...my husband is a big advocate of Relay for Life...the annual event that raises money for the American Cancer Society.  My mother-in-law battled cancer at a rather young age, and both of my husband's grandmother's have battled cancer at some point in their lives.  Thankfully, one of them is still with us today, healthy and always on the go! Unfortunately, the other passed away about a decade ago and I never got to meet her.

In college my husband was very involved with Relay for Life, and after we started dating, I found out just how passionate he was...he'd dress up every year for it!  In fact, this is a few years ago....each team had a theme, and the team we were on was Disney themed...so we were Beauty and the Beast.  Even my husband's brother joined in, and played the part of Gaston.  We stayed up all night, walked around and around the track countless times, and helped raise money.
All of that is to preface my request to ya'll:  My husband has set up a page to raise funds, as he is planning on participating in the Gwinnett Relay for Life on May 6th.  I know we are all saving as much money as possible, but this really is a great cause (along with the countless others out there that I'd love to throw money out...if I had a money tree) that is near and dear to our hearts.  No amount is too small...even if it's just a penny!  Don't forget anything you give is tax deductible, so make sure you print an invoice or get an email concerning the amount you've given.

Thank you so so so so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment