Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day Publix Trip

Well I thought I was going to be super smart and pay my ad valorem tax on my car since my birthday is coming up soon...and the tag office is directly across the street from Publix.  It didn't even occur to me that they'd be closed for Veteran's Day...guess I'll have to go back a different time.  I know I can pay it online...but the $4.95 convenience charge is a little ridiculous for me, especially when I can do it for free and I go by the tag office all the time.  But Publix didn't let me down...they were open!
I was soooo happy to see OJ on sale...I hate paying almost $5 for a gallon so I usually go to Kroger where it's cheaper.  But, it's on sale 2/$5 right now, which I was so excited about!  Also, I had a $4/1 coupon for Wholly Gaucomole, Queso, or Salsa.....well my Publix didn't have the queso like I wanted so they graciously let me take home another kind and still use the coupon...if that's not AWESOME customer service, I don't know what is!  I really love my Publix, they are the best.

Total before coupons & store sales: $40.85
Total after coupons & store savings: $9.99
Savings: 75.5%

***Also used Rite-Aid $5/25 purchase

Publix Gallon OJ @ $2.50 (usually $4.49)
     -no coupon, but a great price!

Alexia Natural Sweet Potato Fries @ $2.50 (usually $3.49)
     -$1/1 found HERE (manu q)
     -$1/1 found HERE (Whole Foods q)
Final Price: .50 cents

Gordos Cheese Queso Dip @ $4.39
     -$4/1 Wholly Gauc found HERE
Final Price: .39 cents

(2) Yoplait Greek Yogurts @ $1.19, so $2.38 total
     -(2) FREE Yoplait Greek Yogurts mailed to me to be reviewed
Final Price: FREE!

(4) Nestle Morsels @ $1.48 each, so $5.90 total (BOGO)
     -(2) $1/2 found HERE
Final Price: $3.90 for all 4, or .98 cents each

Publix Jumbo Franks @ $2.19
     -Publix Mystery Item in today's AJC
Final Price: a penny!

4 Bananas @ .69/lb
    -no coupon
Final Price: $1.17

Arnold Sandwhich Thins @ $1.50 (BOGO)
     -$1/1 mailed to me after sending company compliment
Final Price: .50 cents

2 Bartlett Pears @ .99/lb
     -no coupon
Final Price: .97 cents

McCormick Ground Cloves @ $4.39
     -.25/1, doubled to $1, found in 11/7/10 RP
Final Price: $3.89

Publix Sour Cream @ .99 cents
     -no coupon

2 comments:

  1. Great Shopping trip!! Come and Link your great trip on my site so my readers can see how you did it!
    http://homeandpantry.blogspot.com/2010/11/show-tell-whole-foods-publix-greenwise.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to Publix tomorrow, and I'm going to get the chocolate chip deal, too! Even better, I got a Target mailer today which has a store coupon for $0.75 off the chocolate chips...I'm going to see if my Publix will take it as a competitor coupon!

    Thanks for stopping by Wednesday Weekly Shopping at Frugal Follies! Come back again next Wednesday and link up again!

    ReplyDelete