Monday, October 4, 2010

Rite-Aid 9/30


So, I too am still trying to get a hang of the UP rewards system that Rite-Aid has implemented.  I really loved the SCR program because it was cash in my pocket that I could use anywhere, not just Rite-Aid.  Unfortunately, the UP's can only be used at Rite-Aid...but the upside is that they can be used like RA cash 5 seconds after they print out for you...no waiting.

So this was transaction last Thursday...it was early in the morning...this working full-time thing forced me to make my trip at 7:30 in the morning...luckily I just followed the list and didn't have to think much. :)  I did this all in one transaction...I should've left out the Head & Shoulder's because 1) I didn't realize until I got home that it was the conditioner. not the shampoo, and 2) I was already at my $25 threshold to be able to use my $5/25 but kept forgetting about a toothbrush, thereby making my total just under what I needed...except not really.  Oh well...the H&S will be donated, as will the oatmeal.

(2) Mom's Best Oats @ .99 (on clearance, normally $1.99), so $1.98 total
     -(2) .75/1 found HERE
     -Received 1 UP wyb 2 Mom's Best products
Final Price: .48 before UP's, .52 moneymaker after UP's rewards

Head & Shoulder's Conditioner @ $2.99 (on clearance, normally $5.99)
     -$1/1 found in 9/26/10 P&G insert
Final Price: $1.99

(2) Oral-B Manual Toothbrushes @ $2.99 each, so $5.98 total
     -B1G1 free found in 9/26 P&G
     -.75/1 found in P&G Home Mailer
     -Received (1) $2 UP reward, although I really think I should've gotten 2
Final Price: $2.24 for both before UP's, or .24 for both after UP's

Crest Toothpaste @ $2.99
     -$1/1 found in 9/26 P&G
     -Received (1) $2 UP reward
Final Price: $1.99 before UP, or .01 moneymaker after UP's

Tom's of Maine Deoderant @ $5.49 (NOT on sale)
     -Used 10% RA q I'd received a few weeks earlier that could be used on non-sale items
     -$1/1 found in All You magazine
Final Price: $3.94

UPDATE: Unbeknownst to me because it wasn't labeled in the store, there was a $1 SCR on Tom's deoderant.  So in reality, I only paid $2.94 which is a great price!

RenPure Organic Shampoo @ $6.99 (also NOT on sale, but still a good deal after discounts)
     -10% discount was also applied to this since it wasn't on sale
     -$3/1 Renpure product found HERE
     -$3 rebate found on tag
Final Price: .29 cents!  not bad for organic shampoo, eh?

24-count Tums @ $2.69
      -$1/1 found HERE (store q)
      -$1/1 found HERE (manu q)
Final Price: .69

These should've rung up at $1.99..but I didn't catch it until just now..so it's too late to do anything about them.  Oops....

UPDATE: Also unbeknownst to me, there was a $1 SCR on the Tum's as well...making them a .31 cents moneymaker!

Used $5/25 purchase
Used $4.50 in UP rewards
Received $5 in UP rewards
Receiving $2 in SCR and $3 MIR

Total before coupons & store savings: $39.91
Total after coupons but before UP's & rebates (a.k.a OOP): $6.29
Total after everything: $3.71 moneymaker!  Rite-Aid PAID me to take all of this...they're so nice. :)
Savings: Through the roof!  

No comments:

Post a Comment