Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Quick Kroger Trip

Ok, so I usually get our OJ at Kroger because it's almost $2 cheaper than at Publix...and milk was on sale at Kroger this week too, and I knew the A&W Dessert Topper would make me $1, so with the knowledge of all 3 of those things, I decided to make a quick trip to Kroger. The deodorant will be donated, and it was FREE!

I did this in 2 transactions. Why, you ask? Well, I knew (thanks to all my coupon blogs I follow) that the A&W Dessert Topper costs $2.79. But, there was a Kroger eCoupon for .75 cents off, when you scan your Kroger Plus card (that I loaded on before I left home), and there was also a .55 cents off q in a previous AJC. So right there, I had $2.79-$1.30=$1.49. But I'm not done yet. If you bought one dessert topper, out of the catalina machine would print a $2.50 off your next Kroger purchase. So, $1.49-$2.50=$1.01 moneymaker! So did I need the dessert topper? No, not at all. But, it made me money, and will also be donated. So my purchases looked like this:

Transaction 1:

A&W Dessert Topper @ $2.79
-.55 cents off & .75 cents off
Final Price: $1.49
Then printed out $2.50 to use on next purchase which I kept handy

Kroger Milk @ $1.98
-no coupons
Final Price: $1.98

Total before coupons & store savings: $5.07
Total after coupons & store savings: $3.57
Savings: 30%

Transaction 2:

Kroger Gallon OJ @ $2.99
-no coupons
Final Price: $2.99

Suave Deodorant @ $1
-.50 cents, doubled to $1
Final Price: Free!

Total before coupons & store savings: $5.22
Total after coupons & store savings: .43 cents!
Savings: 92%

Thanks to the $2.50 off my next purchase, my OOP for the 2nd transaction was almost nothing!

1 comment:

  1. Since I only shop at Publix these days (don't want to drag three boys all over town:)) I buy OJ at Publix and at $4.49 a gallon it sure gets expensive.

    I would love it, if you would link up you savings, at the Weekly Savings Linky @
    Frugality Is Free

    ReplyDelete