Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pennies at Publix

So, I took a tip to Publix earlier in the week, so excited to use my new Cascadian Farms and Muir Glen coupons before the sale ended (well for the Cascadian Farms anyway.) Unfortunately, that trip didn't turn out so well, and I came home not a happy camper. So, I'm debating about even posting that trip...maybe later...

BUT, I went this morning to pick up a few things along with the penny item, and came home in a great mood! Now that school has started back, hubby will be going through granola like CRAZY. It's his mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack that's healthy and fulfilling. I've tried to make my own granola, but it just doesn't compare, and I got the 2 packs in the picture for next to nothing, so you really can't beat that! The penny item was the frozen pizza, which I've heard is quite tasty, and since we don't buy frozen pizza much (we've taken to making it from scratch, might post on that next time we make it), so I was excited to get this almost $5 pizza for a penny! Anyway, here are the purchases...

Total before coupons & store sales: $24.27
Total after coupons & store sales: $6.42
Savings: 73.5% (what's say we just round that up to 74%, huh?)

Publix Frozen Pizza @ $4.69
-Mystery Penny Item
Final Price: .01 cents

Kix Cereal @ $1.95 (BOGO) ( I like to eat something OTHER than Cascadian Farms sometimes....)
-.75 found HERE
Final Price: $1.20

Write Brothers Pens @ .50 cents
-.50 cents off any Papermate product (found on Target website, no longer available)
Final Price: FREE
(These are for the hubby's classroom, for all the kids always forgetting their pens...aren't I a nice teacher's wife????)

(2) Bear Naked Granola @ $4.29 each, so $8.58 total
-Buy One, Get One Free that scanned for $5...not sure why, but I'll take it!
-$1/1 Bear Naked Granola (found in Kroger home mailer, but manu q)
-.50 cents Bear Naked Granola (found on Target website, no longer available)
Final Price: $2.08 or $1.04 each

Vlasic Kosher Spears (BOGO) @ $1.45
-.55 found HERE
Final Price: .90 cents (for that big 'ole jar!)

Watermelon @ $1.98 (you're only seeing half of it in the picture)
-no coupon
Final Price: $1.98

No comments:

Post a Comment