Thursday, July 29, 2010

Publix Totals

It's hard to believe, looking at that picture, that there is $50+ in food...it just doesn't look like that much! But had I bought most of this at it's usual full price, that's sadly what I would've paid. Umm....no thank you! One of the biggest things I've figured out about couponing is being flexible in what you eat, cleaning products you use, toiletries, etc. Like, I can wait until biscuits go on sale to buy them...because my body probably doesn't need them every week anyway! Or, when sausage goes on sale, I stock up and freeze it so I have enough to last a month or 2, not eating it every week. Couponing definitely keeps me from buying stuff just to fill my fridge or freezer that might or might not get eaten. So anyway, that's my tip for the day. :)

Also, Cascadian Farms cereal is Buy One, Get One this week which is AWESOME since we go through it sooooo fast! Unfortunately I didn't have any manu q's, but Whole Foods just conveniently reset all their online coupons, so I got each box for $1! And now....on to totals...

Oh, also, the funny looking thing behind the groceries is a bouquet of flowers...that sadly enough is dying...hubby bought them from Trader Joe's the other day when he went to pick up beer. Thoughtful? I think yes. :)

Total before coupons & store savings: $51.81
Total after coupons & store savings: $18.88
Savings: 63.57%

Purchased:
(4) Cascadian Farms Cereal @ $1.99 each, so $7.98 total
Publix Animal Crackers @ FREE! (Part of Buy Theirs, Get Ours promotion)
Barnum's Animal Crackers @ $1.39
Publix 6-Pack Water @ .01
(3) Pillsbury Grands Biscuits @ $1.25 each, so $3.75 total
Starbucks Ice Cream @ $1.90
Vigo Black Beans & Rice @ $1.89 (NEVER goes on sale, but so good and easy!)
Publix Mozzarella Cheese @ $3.50
Green Giant Can of Corn @.79 cents
(2) Jimmy Dean Sausage Rolls @ $2.50 each, so total
(2) Knorr Sides @ $ .65 each, so $1.29 total
(3) Royal Gala Apples @ $1.99/lb, so $2.93 total
1.94 lbs Bananas @ .59 cents/lb, so $1.14 total
Mango @ .50 cents

Coupons:
$5/25 purchase Rite-Aid
(4) $1/1 Cascadian Farm cereal (Whole Foods q found HERE)
.55 cents off 2 Knorr Sides (found in "Get a Smart Start Back to School" booklet found in store
$2/2 Jimmy Dean Sausage Rolls (internet printable from a while back)
Penny Item in today's AJC
$1/1 Starbucks Ice Cream (found HERE, have to register)
$1.20/3 Pillsbury Refrigerated Biscuits (internet printable found HERE)

No comments:

Post a Comment